the run-up to Christmas is hectic. even without kids, well, one kid who s now more out of the house than in... it s hectic.
making Christmas cards, buying gifts, decorating the house, deciding on a menu (although the past years it s been a yummy collaboration with my mom-in-law), well, you know how it is.
which is why this easy little sweet pot is such a joy to make, and to eat.
if you re a fan of cheesecakes, but don t want to make a whole cake and wait for it to cool until set, here s a solution:
LEMONY CHEESECAKE POTS WITH RASPBERRIES
100 gr digestive biscuits, crushed
30 gr butter, melted
300 gr Philadelphia cream cheese
3 tablespoons lemon curd
handful of fresh or frozen raspberries
1 tablespoon of sugar
1. mix the crushed bisuits with the melted butter and divide between little pots or ramekins (just to make a crust, as thin or as thick as you like) and leave to chill in the fridge until set
2. mix the cream cheese with the lemon curd and taste. adjust by either adding a little more lemon curd or sweeten with a little icing sugar
3. divide between the pots or ramekins and chill
4. heat the fresh or frozen raspberries with a little splash of water and the sugar until the fruit just collapses, leave to cool
5. when ready to serve, divide the raspberries between the pots and dive in ;-)
sweet and simple, but just that little bit indulgent, just enough to get one thru these crazy days.
in case i don t get to post before the end of this year, let me wish you a Merry Christmas and may 2012 bring you all you ever wanted, and above all, happy cooking days!